WHAT THE FAQ
Should I pick left or right?
Just because you're a right handed player does not mean you should choose a right hand model. What is important is the shape of the headstock of the instrument you will be hanging. For headstocks with uneven heels...Strats, Tele's, etc...the left hand models work best; for headstocks with even heels...Les Pauls, Most Acoustics, etc...both left and right hand models work equally well.
Should my GuitarGrip be installed into a stud?
We recommend using the strongest support possible to ensure the stability of your hanger and instrument, especially for heavier stringed instruments. However, there are instances where walls may not contain studs. In these cases please use the recommended mounting disc found on our website here.
Is GuitarGrip safe on nitrocellulose finishes?
GuitarGrip strives to manufacture high quality instrument accessories. All of our products come with a protective insert pre-installed on the Grip. This protective insert has been tested with many of the instrument finishes on the market today, including Nitrocellulose. That being said, each manufacturer has their own formulations of Nitrocellulose which includes a varying degree of chemical properties. As other manufacturers will testify, there are hundreds of different variations making it difficult to test them all. To ensure your well prized axe is well taken care of, we recommend you refer to your instruments owner manual for proper storage requirements.
Does GuitarGrip hang other instruments besides guitar & bass?
Yes, GuitarGrip will hang a number of different stringed instruments such as, but not limited to, some if not most ukuleles, banjos, mandolin, etc.
The Padded Opening on every Grip is 52mm at it's widest.
Will 7 string (and up) guitars, 5 stringed bass guitars fit?
GuitarGrip will securely hold most 7 string guitars and 5 string basses. Whether or not the instrument fits depends mostly on the width of the instrument's neck at the nut. Anything over 52mm wide is going to be a questionable fit.
How much weight does a GuitarGrip hold?
Your GuitarGrip is designed to hold many times the weight of your instrument. Internally we have tested at over 60lb with no issues.
What is your warranty?
GuitarGrip warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship under the following conditions:
• The unit was purchased from an authorized dealer or direct from the manufacturer.
• The unit was used for which it is intended, as a wall mounted instrument hanger.
• The unit has not been altered in any way, or damaged by misuse.
• Then unit is installed as stated in the Installation Instructions.
The sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at GuitarGrip’s option. Liability is limited to repair or replacement of material found defective, free of charge. Shipping excluded. Unauthorized repairs or replacements will not be subject to manufacturers’ warranty.
GuitarGrip is not responsible for damage to product or instrument do to improper installation or improper use.
Contact email@example.com for additional instructions on returning your GuitarGrip for Warranty Consideration or Replacement Parts
Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise.
If product was purchased at independent dealer returns fall under their policies and must be handled through the store were product was purchased.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
We typically use UPS and occationaly USPS on smaller pacakges. Everything is handmade and orders can take 7-10 days to ship. Tracking is emailed once your order is fulfilled.
How do I track my order?
You can track your order through the link provided in your shipping confirmation.
Shipping confirmations are sent out on the day your order ships. Please check spam or promotions inbox for notifications from GuitarGrip.
Can I change my order?
Please call us at (248) 757-0796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the changes.
What is your Return Policy?
Domestic Orders USA - We have a 15-day return policy, which means you have 15 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. All Hardware must be included in return. Please repackage items carefully as items must be received by us in new condition and undamaged for full refund.
Orders over $300 are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please note that returns will need to be sent to the following address: 13145 Wayne Rd. Plymouth, MI. 48150
If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Orders - We do not provide free returns on international orders. If there is an issue with your order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will do everything we can to help correct the situation.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to exchange an item. We will cover the cost of the return for Domestic Orders only. Shipping charges may apply for the replacement order, depending on the order value.
European Union 14 day cooling off period
Notwithstanding the above, if the merchandise is being shipped into the European Union, you have the right to cancel or return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification. As above, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. Return label is covered by the customer and not us.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method within 10 business days. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
If more than 15 business days have passed since we’ve approved your return, please contact us at email@example.com.
Product Image Disclaimer: Please note that although we make every effort to photograph our products accurately and describe them in detail, we cannot guarantee every photograph in production will accurately depict the actual color of the merchandise. Please contact us with any questions about the color, material, or function of any item before purchasing.
How do I send back a Return?
Not happy with your GuitarGrip? Return it to us within 15 days, and we'll give you a full refund.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, notify us of the reason for the return and we'll email you a free return label at no added cost.
GuitarGrip does refund for original shipping costs on items under $150. Order must returned in new condition with all items, including hardware. Please make sure to package your Grips properly to ensure safe arrival.
Orders over $300 are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
To return your items, please re-package the products (including the original packing slip) and ship them to the address below:
GuitarGrip 13145 Wayne Rd. Livonia, MI. 48150
Please allow up to 10 days for your refund to process once the returned product is received.
Please contact GuitarGrip at (248) 757-0796 or email email@example.com to process your return authorization. We do not provide Free Returns for International Orders at this time. However, if there is an issue with your order, let us know and we'll do everything we can to make it right.
Do you offer free shipping?
Domestic Orders - We offer free shipping on orders of $150+. The shipping cost will automatically be discounted upon checkout.
Orders under $150 are charged a flat shipping rate of $7.
International Orders - Free shipping is available for UK and EU Countries on orders over a certain amount. If you're located in the UK or an EU country make sure to choose your correct country in the country selector to receive special pricing and shipping options.
For all other International Countries normal Import and Duty fees are applicable and are the buyers responsibility. These added fees will not be paid by GuitarGrip.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Paypal, Shop Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
Where do you ship to? From?
We ship to the USA and most other countries. Currently the only countries we do not ship to are the following.
Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Macao SAR China, South Korea, Vietnam
If you live in one of these countries and are interested in our products. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a custom invoice.
We ship from our workshop located in Livonia, Michigan. Please allow 7-10 days for your order to be shipped.
Orders placed in Canada ship from our Canadian Fulfillment center located in Windsor, Ontario. Canadian orders ship via Canadian Post.
Orders Placed in the UK ship from our Fulfilment Center in Yorkshire.
My order arrived damaged?
If your order arrived damaged please contact us at email@example.com along with an image and description of the damaged item.
We will make the situation right.
Can I ship to an APO/FPO address?
Yes, you can ship to an APO/FPO. However, economy shipping is the only option that can deliver to these locations.
Please be aware of extended delivery times to APO/FPO addresses
Last updated: June 12th, 2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Services, we collect and have collected over the past 12 months personal information about you from a variety of sources, as set out below. The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with our Site and use our Services. When we use the term "personal information", we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services in order to perform our contract with you, including to process your payments, fulfill your orders, to send notifications to you related to you account, purchases, returns, exchanges or other transactions, to create, maintain and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
How We Disclose Personal Information
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. We use Shopify to support personalized advertising with third-party services. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about users for the purposes set out above in "How we Collect and Use your Personal Information" and "How we Disclose Personal Information":
CategoryCategories of Recipients
- Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
- Commercial information such as order information, shopping information and customer support information
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data
- Vendors and third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as Internet service providers, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners and data analytics providers)
- Business and marketing partners
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about you.
We have “sold” and “shared” (as those terms are defined in applicable law) personal information over the preceding 12 months for the purpose of engaging in advertising and marketing activities, as follows.
Category of Personal InformationCategories of RecipientsIdentifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account informationBusiness and marketing partnersCommercial information such as records of products or services purchased and shopping informationBusiness and marketing partnersInternet or other similar network activity, such as Usage DataBusiness and marketing partners
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our Site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the Services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
The Services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information about children. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
Security and Retention of Your Information
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt out of Sale or Sharing or Targeted Advertising. You may have a right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be "targeted advertising", as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site.
- Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Appeal: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
We use Shopify's ad services such as Shopify Audiences to help personalize the advertising you see on third party websites. To restrict Shopify merchants that use these ad services from using your personal information for such services, visit https://privacy.shopify.com/en.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside the country you live in, including the United States. Your personal information is also processed by staff and third party service providers and partners in these countries.
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms like the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses, or any equivalent contracts issued by the relevant competent authority of the UK, as relevant, unless the data transfer is to a country that has been determined to provide an adequate level of protection.
How to Install
How to Adjust your Grip
Your Grip is designed to rotate to accommodate a number of different headstock shapes. Watch and learn how.