Every instrumentalist, musician, and guitar player absolutely cherishes their guitar, the very vessel that enables them to play, write, and create music. Whether it’s an electric guitar or an acoustic guitar, these incredible musical tools have been the foundation of some of the most life-changing and generation-defining tunes, songs, and anthems of the last centuries. If you are someone who enjoys strumming on a guitar, you know just how close the bond is between that of a musician and their guitar
As a result, we’re going to look at one of the best ways to ensure your guitar stays in prime and preserved condition. Here are the top 5 reasons to use a guitar wall mount:
1. Spatial Design: Guitars are works of art; would you disagree? By mounting them to your wall, they can compliment any space, adding an element of personality and depth to just about every kind of interior design. It’s a fun and easy way to spruce up your home, studio, apartment, etc.
Guitars hung on the wall can add character to any room
2. Motivation: Generally, musicians feel more motivated to grab their guitar and get right to work if it’s out in the open, staring back at them. If you ever feel a lack of motivation to write a new song or just practice on a daily basis, having your guitar out in the open, on a guitar wall mount, will really inspire you to get strumming.
Instruments out of the case will be played more often
3. Convenient: Guitar stands are nice, sure, but they end up claiming walking space in your studio or home. If you are looking to maximize the space in your living quarters, placing the guitar on the wall is a convenient way to open up space while also adding to the interior design.
Guitar stands can get in the way and take up valuable floor space
4. Out of Reach: If you have pets or children, you know how easily they can get “into things” that should be out of sight and out of mind. A beautiful acoustic guitar just begs to be played with, especially if you are in another room. With mounting the guitar on the wall, it will now be out of reach. Instead, your pets and children can admire it from the ground, perhaps even piquing their interest in playing music for the future.
5. Safely Preserved: A lot of expert craftsmanship and many stages of engineering goes into the creation of an acoustic or electric guitar. As a result, they need to be properly preserved in a way that will not alter their structure or performance. Guitar hangers are a proven safe and effective technique for storing the guitars. However, if your home or studio is a “dry” space, we do recommend using a humidifier for acoustic instruments.
Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Humidifier
GuitarGrip Guitar Hangers
Here at GuitarGrip, we provide a variety of guitar wall mounts and hangers for you to consider moving forward. We believe that preserving your guitar in a way that is convenient and also aesthetically pleasing will make your life a lot easier. Not to mention, if there are kids or pets around, it’s an easy solution to meddling worries.
When I was a kid I discovered “Welcome to My Nightmare”, in my uncles vinyl collection, and it punched me right in the face. Alice Cooper, “the Godfather of Shock Rock", elevated heavy metal to new heights in entertainment. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid and was thrilled when a pic of Alice, holding his new Grip Reaper and Toxic Zombie guitar hanger, showed up in our inbox!
It’s often said that shifts in music are measured in decades. While bands of the late 80’s, spider tapping their medieval armament shaped guitars, struggled to stay relevant, the MTV series “Unplugged”, brought a renewed focus on the acoustic guitar, an adoration not seen since the 70’s. Since then, acoustic instruments such as the banjo, ukulele, and acoustic bass continue to gain center stage. Acoustic Instruments can adorn any living space. How does yours hang? Do you use a case, guitar stand, or a guitar hanger for your acoustic?
Hanging your Acoustic Guitar
Even those not musically inclined can agree, acoustic instruments carry a certain beauty. They’re primitive, almost timeless, the craftsmanship strewn through every curve and grain. While acoustic instruments definitely need extra love and care, they can make a charming addition to any home or music studio.
When choosing were to place your acoustic instrument, consider a guitar hanger over an acoustic guitar stand. Acoustic guitar stands can leave your instrument vulnerable to small children, and pets. Likewise, stands take up valuable floor space.
GuitarGrip Acoustic Guitar Hangers
GuitarGrip offers a great alternative over acoustic guitar stands and traditional guitar hangers.
Check out our unique line of Faux Wood Finish wall mounts here. These original one-of-a-kind guitar hooks will beautify your home while displaying your acoustic instrument as a work of art.
Caring for Acoustic Guitars
Acoustic guitars require special, humidity controlled storage to preserve their sound and structural integrity. The hypothesis that guitars perform better when dry is a myth and actually compromises not only the incrementally expensive acoustic guitar, but also the warm, soft tones it produces.
Wood is hygroscopic, meaning it relinquishes and absorbs moisture. Fine acoustic guitars are typically constructed using strips of wood, glued together, making them susceptible to humidity and temperature.
A few ways humidity and temperature affects acoustics:
- High temps weaken glue
- High humidity causes swelling and expansion
- Low humidity causes shrinking and cracking
- Radical changes in temperature can also cause detrimental expansion, contraction, and separation of essential components
To prolong the life of the acoustic guitar, there are a few ways to ensure good acoustic health.
Start by storing the instrument in a case with nominal air access during dry seasons.
Utilize environmental control systems, air conditioners, humidifiers, space heaters, and plants to help regulate temperature and humidity.
During the driest seasons of the year, take the guitar off the acoustic guitar stand or off the guitar hook and store it in a case.
However, if you want to keep it on display on a guitar stand or guitar hanger, you may want to employ the use of a guitar humidifier. You can get one that pros use, for real cheap. Follow this link from Reverb.com for awesome deals on humidification systems specifically designed for acoustic guitars.
Acoustic Guitar Stand or Guitar Hook
In a properly controlled environment, acoustic guitars can be displayed all year round, free from the confines of a case. If you're planning on taking these precautions to ensure the longevity of your acoustic guitar, hanging it from a stylish GuitarGrip guitar hanger is a guaranteed elegant presentation solution. You'll be keeping it free from the dangers of rowdy kids, curious pets, and the occasional inebriated guest.
Present your acoustic with some of our rustic designs such as the botanic Bella Rose, or the arboreal Lumpy Stumpy, to really show off the natural aesthetic of the soft, warm, tone of an acoustic guitar.
Browse Acoustic Guitar Hangers